Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#MTBoS12Days - Currently Reading...

I love, love, love to read.  Sadly, I don't read as much as I would like to because by the time I crawl into bed at night I can barely keep my eyes open these days.  When I do have a spare moment, I'm usually reading blogs looking for ideas to use in my classroom instead of pleasure reading.  I love reading fiction, especially medical mysteries and spy & espionage books. I wish I enjoyed reading non fiction more.  I always have good intentions of reading through a non fiction book, but more often than not, I never make it completely through the book.  I'll read particular chapters and skim other areas, but struggle to read it in its entirety.

A book I've recently read - "Coming Home" by Mariah Stewart.  This is one of my favorite authors who has written some really great suspense/mystery novels, but this particular book is a completely different genre.  It's more of a romantic fiction along the lines of Nicholas Sparks, which I occasionally read, but completely different from the other books I've read by her.  I was intrigued to see that she was writing books like this and had to see for myself if it was something I liked.  I found that I did like it and ended up reading the first three books in this series she wrote.  The rest of the series is on my list for next summer when I have more time to read.

A book I'm currently reading -  "Resistant" by Michael Palmer.  He's my absolute favorite medical mystery author.  Highly recommend any of his books if you like medical mysteries.

A book I'd like to read - Just got back from watching the STAR WARS movie and one of the movie previews was for a movie called "The 5th Wave."  The story line sounded intriguing and when I saw that it was based upon a book, I decided that the book would probably be much better than the movie.  It's sitting in my Amazon shopping cart right now.

1 comment:

  1. Love learning about new authors! I'll add yours to my list to explore!

    ReplyDelete